Videos not playing for my students

My students are using very cheap computers (no funds, sadly). But when they get to videos, they won’t play and the students have to skip them.

Any thoughts? I’ve tried it on Chrome and Edge browsers.

Are YouTube and/or Vimeo blocked? That might explain some things.

Neither. They aren’t very good computers ($200 Lenovo junkers), but they have Windows 8.1 on them. Not sure what’s going on. They can view videos on Code.org

For the best experience, I would suggest using the most updated version of Chrome.

I encountered the same thing and both Firefox and Chrome are blocking the video content. They are marking the content as unsafe and by default don’t allow it to be viewed. In Chrome (OS X) there is an option in the URL field to enable unsafe content to be loaded. The same thing can be enabled in Firefox (OS X) by clicking the lock icon in the URL bar and allowing unsafe content to be loaded. Can this be addressed through Tynker to avoid this issue?j

Thanks!

Both Firefox and Chrome are marking the Video content as unsafe and therefore blocking it. To view the videos, you need to allow unsafe content from Tynker and reload the page.

Chrome:
To allow mixed content in Google Chrome:

Click the shield icon in the far right of the address bar.
In the pop-up window, click Load anyway or Load unsafe script (depending on your Chrome version).

Note: The steps to “load anyway” must be completed for each page where the icon or message appears.

Firefox:
Unblock mixed content. Unblocking insecure elements is not recommended, but can be done if necessary:

Click the lock icon in the address bar.
Click the arrow on the Control Center:
Click Disable protection for now.