Upgrading child's school account

My child has a school provided tynker account that has a COVID-19 starter pack till Jul 29, 2020. He has some work saved in this account. He logs into this account through his school provided ID (which in turn is via google) and I have linked his account to my parent account.

Can I upgraded his account to a 1 year tynker premium account even though his ID on tynker is the one provided by his school?

Thanks!

Yes of course. If your child already a Tynker for Schools account provided by your school, and you want to purchase a premium home plan, the same account will have access to the additional premium home courses.

However, please note that a school may choose to delete a school-owned student account (e.g, when the student graduates, or if the school decides to switch to a different account system).

If this happens, we can help you transfer the paid subscription to a different account that you may create for your child and retain their progress and portfolio.

Hello Rohit,
I was wondering, how did you link your Childs school google account? I’m attempting to do the same thing. Thanks

HI Rohit

I’m attempting to do the same thing, but currently struggling with linking my Childs school account (sign in through their google account). How did u link it?

Thanks

From your parent dashboard, you can follow the instruction when you select “Add Child” from the dashboard. At this time you cannot link to Google OAuth accounts. Please send an email to support and the support team will link these for you. The child account is still controlled by the school, and they may choose to delete these accounts at their discretion.

If you are planning to upgrade to a paid home plan it’s recommended that you use another private account for your child.

In either case, if you need to merge their progress and activities across several accounts into a single one, please send a note to Support.

Hello,
I decided not to do any linking. The process did not seem to be well documented and I did not want to spend the time sorting out ID/account issues. I had my kids do some activities outside (indpendent) of Tynker.
You might want to look at smandyam’s message earlier in the thread.