Unassign project

It appears there is no way to unassign a project.

My particular use case is I assigned a project, but then edited it.

My student can delete athe project after he has started it. The project then still appears as his assignments, and he can open it.

I tried to reassign the project, but now he has 2 copies of the same project.

By the way, I seem unable to post this topic and get “500 error” messages.

You can go to the lessons page of the class, and click the three dots in the corner of the lesson card. There is an unassigned function there

I am sorry. I wasn’t clear in my question. I created a project, and I assigned the project to a student. The project appears in my student’s dashboard as a “next up for you” “class/weekly” project. However, I don’t see the option to unassign anywhere…the project I assigned does not appear in the lessons tab for the class.

The project originates as a project on my “my projects” page/tab, and it was assigned from there, but there is no unassign option there.

If the student attempts the project, it appears in their completed projects section ( of class/weekly" projects.). It also appears in their my projects page/tab and in the projects tab of the lessons page for the class.

If I reassign, a second copy is created but it doesn’t appear as a new “next for you” but as a completed project.

Thus I can neither unassign a project, or reassign a project. (for example if I modify the code).

When you custom assign a project from My Projects, it should show up in the lessons tab of the class. It’s down in the Weekly Project section and it will have the three dots down in the top right that allow you to unassign.

From a standpoint of reassigning, you would have to do it as assigning again from My Projects. If you want to modify it, just save the modified project and reassign that

I just did this. i.e. assign from my projects. It does has not shown up in the lessons tab of my teacher account. I repeated this 3 times, as well as reloading it several times… It IS in my student’s lesson tab, in fact, repeated several times, but not mine. I have no way to unassign it. If I assign it to the entire class, it does appear.

Shoot me an email with your username at educatorsupport@tynker.com. Also, let me know what class this is

Related problem: Here is a video. If both projects are unassigned, they both appear as assigned, i.e. in the assigned tab (i.e. the blue link) (and both appear in the unassigned tab as well). If I assign one or both, it enters the correct state.

We will take a look and let our development team know