Owning a Course

I am looking to purchase the Programming course 1B for my school but do not want to waste money. If I purchase it this year am I going to have to repurchase it every year for 380 students or once I buy it I own it forever no matter how many students come and go? Our district want to teach coding in our computer lab but I do not want to have to purchase it every year.

My experience with a purchased course is that it’s only for one semester/year. Once you have added a student to that course, that “seat” is taken. You cannot remove students and replace them with new students.

When you purchase a Classroom Package, this allows you to use one course with up to 30 students. Once a license is assigned to a student, it cannot be reassigned to another student.

If you’re using Tynker with 380 students, you might be interested in getting a school license, which includes many student licenses (400 or 600) and all relevant courses, including our STEM integration courses, at a lower price per student. To get a quote for your school, you can submit your school information here.

If you’re interested in seeing how Tynker works on a school level, I highly recommend you check out our live demos. We do them every week, and go through all your different options.

See here: https://tynkerwebinars.youcanbook.me

Thanks!

the Tynk[quote=“ashleecheney, post:1, topic:375, full:true”]
I am looking to purchase the Programming course 1B for my school but do not want to waste money. If I purchase it this year am I going to have to repurchase it every year for 380 students or once I buy it I own it forever no matter how many students come and go? Our district want to teach coding in our computer lab but I do not want to have to purchase it every year.
[/quote]

er games are fun

Thanks for your question. Our licensing is yearly, and it’s designed for student mastery.
If you’re looking to make coding a yearly activity, and want to see progress, I’d suggest looking at our school curriculum. https://www.tynker.com/school/courses/

Since we track mastery- you can’t reuse licenses, otherwise those students who completed 1B would lose all their progress.