Is there a way to restart a student's progress?

I have inherited a class from another teacher. Several students have already completed many lessons, but they don’t seem to have a clear idea of many core concepts. So I would like them to start the lessons again. If I can’t restart their progress, there’s no way for me to see if they are doing it and what is their current progress.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Students can retry any course content simply by clicking the retry button in that course when it is assigned to the class.

Hello David. Thank you. This part I understand, but in the grades part where I can see their progress and core concept understanding, it shows as already completed and I cannot see how they do when they retry the lesson, unless they achieve something new. Is there a way to see their new progress?

1 Like

There needs to be a way to reset, especially when you catch them cheating on the lessons by dragging out blocks and not connecting them. This is a huge issue for my 8th graders.

1 Like

There is not a way currently to fully reset the gradebook progress, but I will pass that feedback along. It is set that way currently so that the mastery progress continues to track. It allows progress to carry over from year to year.

1 Like

I have also been looking for this feature. I am picking up where another teacher left off and student progression is scattered throughout the course. Being able to start fresh is a critical feature that would make a huge difference for keeping student progress clear and organized.

Has Tynker done anything about resolving this issue?

Hi Teena,
Unfortunately, there is not currently a hard reset on lesson progress (but students can retry any lesson). We will continue to pass this on to our development team.

David

Most of these comments are from 9 months ago.

Is there a way to reset a students progress? I have students taking this class for a second semester that have not achieved mastery of certain concepts.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is not something that has come yet. We will continue to pass this on to our development team

1 Like