How do I create Minecraft mods using Tynker Mod Designer?

Tynker Mod Designer provides a drag and drop interface to Minecraft commands. With over a hundred powerful blocks, you can build anything from simple mods to draw 3D structures to multi-player games like Spleef and Capture the Flag.

Here is an introduction to the Tynker Mod Designer.

Make it Rain Cake!

Rainbow Sheep Mod

Entity Ride Mod

Smashy Hands Mod

I have walked through the tutorials with my daughter, setup her private Minecraft server, connected to it, followed the initial mod creation video exactly, deployed as instructed, received the message “Mods loaded”, and see no change in behavior. We have tried 3 different mods, two of which are exact replicas of the instructional video and still have no modifications. I haven’t found help anywhere and she has now disengaged out of frustration. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Joe, please send an email to support@tynker.com and they will review your account, the specific projects, and advise what to do to solve the issue.

I wish you would have posted the solution here, to jcork1’s issue. I have the same issue.

My daughter has the same problem as Joe.
I also post a new thread and ask about "how to invite friends who doesn’t use Tynker to my server in this forum but, no reply :frowning:

Sorry for the delay in responding. The most common reason for the Mods not loading is a problem in the code. We’ll consider adding a few fully functional mods into Mod Starter Pack, that should work as is so that you can test if they load fine. The other issue that we see is that users expect the mods to work in the Tynker lobby, instead of their own private server that they need to get to by typing “/join” in the Tynker lobby.

Ive had exactly the same situation. The instructional videos DO NOT display what options we are presented with. When we follow thwm to the letter it simply doesn’t work. It has totally devalued the experience. Such a shame to go all the way to creating a really cool idea and make it worthless by not having correct instructions.

Hello, I’m having exactly the same problem as described here. We’ve directly followed the tutorial step by step and copied the code exactly, we see the “Mods loaded” message when joining his private server but they are having no effect. I’ve sent an email to support@tynker.com as well, but I’d appreciate some further suggestions as to what the problem could be. What are other common issues you’ve seen for this? We’re certain the code is correct. We’re seeing the green dot activated on the mod. We’re joining our private server. We’re seeing “Mods loaded”… what else could be the issue?