Can’t connect Tynker server

I can’t connect Tynker server.
I was done as instructions video. But it’s not work.

Thank you.

1 Like

We have a new modding guide for all versions of Minecraft. Please check it out and see if this helps.

The guide did not help. We copy the code from Tynker (we’re doing the tutorial). We paste it into the comment field. It takes a moment and then says it cannot connect.
We created a new flat world
We are on iPad
We used copy/paste for the connect command

Please advise

1 Like

We’re having the same problem - for windows 10 version, the /connect command given is coming back with a “could not connect to ws://etc” error message. Any tips on debugging?

We had the same issue which we finally solved signing out of minecraft and signing in again. My son had changed his player name so his nametag was altered but his sign in name showed up differently so created a glitch. If you’ve changed your player name recently, try that.

Since the user guide doesn’t actually say this, I had to do a lot of digging to figure this out. In the launcher at the bottom left (on Java version) it says what version you are launching. If it says “Snapshot” then you won’t be able to launch the tynker server. Make sure it does not say snapshot and instead says the latest version number. It should read something like Minecraft 1.1.14 (that isn’t exact but it something along those lines).
If you launch the version that says “snapshot” in the version it will tell you the tynker server is out of date.
Once you launch the most recent version of the Minecraft go to multiplayer and re-type in the server. Make sure to go into OPTIONS before joining and select the resource that isn’t plain Minecraft. It needs to be in the left box.
The guide says nothing about the version needing to be a specific version, and i see the “helpful” comments instructing everyone to just read the guide which doesn’t say anything about making sure you are opening the correct version. If other parents are like me and have never used Minecraft on PC, I had no idea i couldn’t just launch and join and was beginning to get very upset. I almost quit when i found on google about an entirely different server, that one has to make sure the MOST RECENT version is selected BEFORE launching. I don’t know what “snapshot” version is, but it won’t let you join the server so make sure it doesn’t say “SNAPSHOT” in the launch menu.

We have Minecraft iPad and have not been able to connect for a long time